I love pizza! Actually, I desire pizza on a very deep level. It is one of my favorite dishes. So, when I had to give up corn, wheat and soy recently, I was heartbroken! I searched the internet for a pizza crust that contained rice or potato flour, as I am also allergic to nuts & coconut, and what I found was disappointing.
The rice flour recipes I tried seemed bland or too thick and gelatin like - uck! I had a hard time finding a potato flour recipe so, what did I do? I made up my own!
I've made this crust more than a few times now and I have to say, it's the closest thing that I have found/made that makes me feel like I am eating a real pizza! The crust itself is soft inside, crunchy around the edges, & soaks up pizza sauce really well! It may not be 5 STAR quality but its the only thing that I didn't spit out & cry with. ;)
In all honesty, I LOVE this recipe! The entire time I was eating this pizza I couldn't stop making "yum" noises! I hope you enjoy it!
Potato Flour Pizza - Thin Crust
1 cup of Potato Flour
1/2 cup of Rice Flour
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 cup of hot water
1 packet of yeast
1 teaspoon of salt
Seasoning of your choice
* Preheat oven to 400' degrees
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, egg, yeast, and salt.
2. Add the potato & rice flours, and seasonings. Knead until you have a nice ball of dough.
3. Cover your mixing bowl and let dough sit for one hour.
4. Take your dough out and flatten with a rolling pin onto cooking sheet or pizza pan.
*This flour may not stick together well and I have found using my hands to roll it out, works best. Remember this is a recipe for thin crust pizza so, please roll & shape as such.
5. Add a hearty amount of pizza sauce & toppings of your choice and place in the oven -
400' degrees for 8-10 minutes. Check crust periodically to make sure it does not burn.